Attention Community Programs
Programs are offered as a one-hour introductory presentation or as an eight week in-depth study group or two day intensive.
Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence
The Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence series is about developing emotional intelligence and skillful mental habits by learning how the mind and emotions function. We all have minds and emotions–but rarely have we gotten an in-depth education in how they work. This method is unique in that it not only teaches through explanations from the fields of neuroscience and emotional intelligence, but it emphasizes learning about the mind in a “first-person” way through a practice called mindfulness.
Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence begins with a foundation of present moment awareness our mind, body, emotions, speech, and actions. With this foundation, we then turn to different domains of emotional intelligence: well-being, emotional awareness, managing strong emotions, resilience, empathy, and intention.
Sessions will cover a variety of topics including the practice of meditation, mindful communication, empathy, resilience, and self-awareness. Participants will have the opportunity to explore these areas and develop the knowledge and concrete tools to bring the benefits of mindfulness and emotional intelligence into daily life.
- Promote well-being and self-awareness
- Interactive and experiential learning focused on building skills you can use
- Understand why emotional intelligence matters and its benefits to yourself and others
- Learn a series of trainable skills and how different practices work to foster emotional intelligence
- Gain insight to how the brain works in matters of emotional intelligence and mindfulness
- Experience the power of presence through mindfulness and meditation practices
- Deepen supportive communication and mindful listening skills for building healthy team and organizational dynamics
- Practice resilience to promote well-being and the ability to bounce back from the stresses of work and life
- Learn to connect with others
Joy and Happiness
Joy and Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being defined by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. Joy and Happiness encompasses living a good life—that is, with a sense of meaning and deep satisfaction. That begins with a positive outlook and creating freedom from worry and negative thought patterns.
The Joy and Happiness series is about is about making friends with your mind and one the most important persons in your life, yourself. Learn about emotional influences that may distract from happiness and joy and techniques to create a sense of peace. Positive events may give you a boost, but everyday habits, choices, and reflections lead to sustainable overall well-being.
Techniques learned in the Joy and Happiness series strengthens your ability to attract friends and enhance relationships. Learn to let Joy and Happiness fuel inspiration and creativity.
- Learn what joy and happiness all about
- Understand the root of emotions
- Practice Mindfulness and attention training
- Learn techniques to mitigate mind wandering and the monkey mind
- Develop resilience to stress and strong emotions
- Foster positive thinking through gratitude, kindness and compassion
- Let go of expectations with a beginners mind
- Create emotional intelligence allowing you to choose your state of being